The Diviners by Libba Bray







Evie O’Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City—and she is pos-i-tute-ly ecstatic. It’s 1926, and New York is filled with speakeasies, Ziegfeld girls, and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is that she has to live with her uncle Will and his unhealthy obsession with the occult.

Evie worries he’ll discover her darkest secret: a supernatural power that has only brought her trouble so far. But when the police find a murdered girl branded with a cryptic symbol and Will is called to the scene, Evie realizes her gift could help catch a serial killer.

As Evie jumps headlong into a dance with a murderer, other stories unfold in the city that never sleeps. A young man named Memphis is caught between two worlds. A chorus girl named Theta is running from her past. A student named Jericho hides a shocking secret. And unknown to all, something dark and evil has awakened.


During The Diviners by Libba Bray I was very tired and sleep *my fault* I was excited to finally read this book, I couldn't believe I was actually reading it, okay, well actually listening. My narrator was amazing, now my narrator was the author herself! Yay! I really liked this book. I had fallen deeply in love with this book and now I understand the hype. 

Since this book is a historical fiction I was bounded to love it from the beginning. But I will say this when I picked up the audiobook I thought I was going to hate it, why? Well, I hate audiobooks, but this book was perfect for audio. I just wish the sequel was an audiobook. 

I kinda want there to be something bad about this book, but sadly nothing. I know some people hated this books and some really loved this book and I was one of the people who loved this book. I mean I even loved the friendship and everything. There isn't a thing I would change about this book. 

Rating 5/5

Thank you for reading!
Have you read this book? what did you think? 
do you plan on reading this book?
Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone by J.K Rowling

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

Aaru by David Meredith