The Gentlemen's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee




Harper Collins 6/27/2017
TBWC Rating: 5/5 stars 
The Verdict: A quick read, a compelling read
Plot: 
Henry “Monty” Montague was born and bred to be a gentleman, but he was never one to be tamed. The finest boarding schools in England and the constant disapproval of his father haven’t been able to curb any of his roguish passions—not for gambling halls, late nights spent with a bottle of spirits, or waking up in the arms of women or men.

But as Monty embarks on his Grand Tour of Europe, his quest for a life filled with pleasure and vice is in danger of coming to an end. Not only does his father expect him to take over the family’s estate upon his return, but Monty is also nursing an impossible crush on his best friend and traveling companion, Percy.

Still it isn’t in Monty’s nature to give up. Even with his younger sister, Felicity, in tow, he vows to make this yearlong escapade one last hedonistic hurrah and flirt with Percy from Paris to Rome. But when one of Monty’s reckless decisions turns their trip abroad into a harrowing manhunt that spans across Europe, it calls into question everything he knows, including his relationship with the boy he adores.
 


Just thinking about this book makes me so happy. I feel in-love with this book the moment I started it, now when I started it I thought I was going to hate it because of all of the hype around it but nope i ended up loving it. But hey it's okay, I am glad I liked it. see there would have been a problem if I hated this book, I wouldn't be writing this review that's for sure. 

Now let me say the cover is amazing, when I thought about Monty I thought about the person on the cover which is a good thing because I do like visual pictures, fan art, you know all of that. I only wish they would make this into a movie, who wouldn't watch this? 

okay, okay, let's get into the review. Now I think this book would be great if you are going on a trip since this does take place on a trip through Europe. I think this would be something you read if you need a pick up book. when I started reading this book I was in a reading slump and I listened to the audio book and it was amazing, I got out of my slump right away. 

I had no problem with the book what so ever, I don't think anything needs to be changed and that coming from me is a big deal, but hey I thought it was amazing book and can't wait to read the new book. I hope it is as compelling and a quick, amazing read. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone by J.K Rowling

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

Aaru by David Meredith