October 2017 Wrap-up

October has come and gone, and what a great reading month it was! I genuinely enjoyed every single book I read this month. I think this was my good month, maybe. my bookish October was outstanding.

 But first, let’s take a quick look at a few fun stats from my month in books:

Books read: 6 
Pages read: 1,919
Favorite book this month: I thought that I would not like this book at all because of the hype but was I wrong,  The Gentlemen's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee

      
The Gentlemen's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
Harper Collins 6/27/2017
TBWC Rating: 5/5 stars 
The Verdict: A quick read, a compeling read 
 I wondered about this book and never thought it was going to be good until I read it and even after that i felt guilty loving this book. I mean it was so good! Now I did listen to this book on audio from my library and I will definitely be buying this book. I think the whole story is a beautiful heart loving story.










Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell 
Orion publishing co 7/07/2014
TBWC Rating: 2/5 
The Verdict: Wasn't that interested
As I was reading the book I couldn't even focus on it. I thought it was a really boring and slow. Now I love Rainbow Rowell, I think she is an amazing writer but still this wasn't her best book. I thought that the characters were okay and if there was a little more i think I would've liked it more. 









 

Divergent by Veronica Roth 
Harper Collins 10/05/2012
TBWC Rating: 5/5 Stars 
The Verdict: Amazing story 
I did a big thing and I wish I didn't. I saw the movie first, I know, I know, I did a very bad thing, but to be far I liked the book better. Anyways I think this was a timeless, amazing book.










Miss Peregine's home for Peculiar Children 
Quirk Books 6/04/2013
TBWC Rating : 4.5/5
The Verdict: A compelling story 
I have been wanting to watch this movie so bad and I was going to until I realized I haven't read the book. When I got the book I thought it wouldn't be that interesting but as I got through the book I realized this book is amazing the only thing I wish some of the photos weren't together but I love the photos, I think they mad the book 10x better. 








The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne 
WordSworth Editions LTD 8/01/1997 
TBWC Rating: 3/5 
The Verdict: Interesting but boring and slow 
Now when I say this book is slow I don't mean it in a bad way, I think since this is a classic I can't even sit here and give a good enough opinion without someone saying anything but oh well. so I liked the book, I think the story line was very good but I didn't like to speed of the book.I think if the speed of the book was fast I would have liked it better but because of that, I didn't. 










Uprooted by Naomi Novik 
Pan Macmillan 5/5/2016 
TBWC Rating: 5/5 
The verdict: Amazing Fantasy 
I think it is funny that I actually read this book, I mean alot of people hate this book but yet again I loved it, I think it was an amazing story that was told perfectly. I wouldn't change anything about this book at all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone by J.K Rowling

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

Aaru by David Meredith