Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

(Found on Good reads)
began writing Frankenstein when she was only eighteen. At once a Gothic thriller, a passionate romance, and a cautionary tale about the dangers of science, Frankenstein tells the story of committed science student Victor Frankenstein. Obsessed with discovering the cause of generation and life and bestowing animation upon lifeless matter, Frankenstein assembles a human being from stolen body parts but; upon bringing it to life, he recoils in horror at the creature's hideousness. Tormented by isolation and loneliness, the once-innocent creature turns to evil and unleashes a campaign of murderous revenge against his creator, Frankenstein.

Frankenstein, an instant bestseller and an important ancestor of both the horror and science fiction genres, not only tells a terrifying story, but also raises profound, disturbing questions about the very nature of life and the place of humankind within the cosmos: What does it mean to be human? What responsibilities do we have to each other? How far can we go in tampering with Nature? In our age, filled with news of organ donation genetic engineering, and bio-terrorism, these questions are more relevant than ever.
Hello everyone, I decided to read Frankenstein by Mary Shelley *finally* but I was very disappointed in this book. 

When you start the book helf of it was just author notes and other things, then when you get to the story it starts as a letter. 

Now the story itself was okay I just didn't like it, I thought it was boring. I would have rather read something else other than this book.now I know this is harsh but I really was disappointed in this book, everyone I know loved this book so I just thou:ht maybe I would love this book but I guess not. 

I think the writing was what made me dislike ths book because I liked the story but I hated the writing if that makes sense. There was so much that I wanted to change. 

Before I start going on and on I will stop but I wish there was more to it.
Rating: 2/5

Share your thoughts!

Have you read this book? What did you think?
If you haven’t, do you plan to?
Let me know in the comments!

Until next time…



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone by J.K Rowling

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

Aaru by David Meredith